Introduction to a future photographer

 



I have now successfully learned how to use a blog. My name is Kevin and I'm 20 years of age. I never know what to say when someone asks me to describe myself so I'm going to try my best.

My goals for this module are basically to learn everything there is to learn about digital media. I'm really excited to be doing something in college that I am genuinely interested in so I'm eager to learn as much as possible.

When it comes to music and movies, I could go on for hours and hours. I'm not sure about my number 1 favourite movie because I'd keep changing my mind if I tried to pick just one.
My top 3 as of now would have to be: The Wolf Of Wall Street, Forrest Gump, and Avengers: Infinity War.

The first time I watched all 3 of these movies I fell in love with them instantly. The plots, character choices and cinematography for all of these movies are all perfectly done. As The Wolf of Wall Street is based on a true story and the book written by the main character, I suppose some credit has to go to him and not just the director and screenwriters. Forrest Gump is based on a book of the same name but is still a fictional story, and as much as I might wish Infinity War was real, it unfortunately is not.

As for books, I find no books better than the Harry Potter books.
I have yet to find anybody who knows as much Harry Potter trivia as me and even when I meet fellow fans of the books and movies I still hold back when it comes to talking about the finer details of the series. I have even gone as far as to get the Deathly Hallows symbol tattooed onto me so people have to believe me and I say I love Harry Potter.

Music is a whole different ball game for me. I like absolutely anything and everything. My favourite genre is rap/hip hop but I'll listen to anything from classical to rock to afrobeats to house. Some of my favourite artists/group at the moment are Kendrick Lamar, Queen, Burna Boy and Travis Scott.

(Links to my favourite songs by them below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-foWGDBF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfSS1e3kYeo&ab_channel=TravisScottVEVO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so4dgTRaWFk&ab_channel=BurnaBoy

These are just a few people who's music I listen to religiously. I don't exactly have any favourite composers when it comes to classical music, I only really listen to it when I'm training in boxing or in the gym as it doesn't have any words or familiar beats to distract me. It's a bit of a weird one but next time you're in the gym, stick on a bit of Beethoven and I promise you'll be 10 times bigger within the hour (don't hold me to that though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOk8Tm815lE

Comments

  1. I hope you'd be able to achieve everything man 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin, I enjoyed reading through your introduction, Infinity war is a great and intense movie. Like me you enjoy all genres of music which shows that you are a musical person. Kendrick lamar is a beast, easily one of my rapper inspirations, he is a lyrical genius. Anyways i hope you are finding year 2 good and are finding it easy to maintain considering the amount of work we are getting.....Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Kevin great blog! We have so many things in common! One of my favourite movies is also The Wolf of Wallstreet and I loveee rap/hip hop. I feel like music is definitely something people should explore rather that only listening to one certain genre. I never really got into Harry Potter but I've heard great stuff about it. I like how you added links to your favourite artists...Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kevin, it's Aoibhe. Lovely blog post!! I enjoyed reading it. I have only watched Infinity War out of your favourite movies & as for the books... I tried to read Harry Potter once and got a chapter in and gave up!! I was never one for reading, but I must try watch the movies. Good luck with this semester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kevin! I loved this blog post and learned so much about you. We seem to have a lot in common. Films and music are also very important to me and I love what you have chosen as your top 3. Infinity War is such a brilliant movie and I to wished that it was real life (apart from Thanos obviously). Harry Potter is also one of my favourite movie series but I am yet to read one of the books which makes me a fake fan lol. Keep up the good work and I am excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kevin! I really enjoyed reading your blog and we got some things in common. I really enjoyed watching the Wolf of Wall Street too and also the Avengers, the whole Marvel series is amazing and yeah low-key wish it were real! I've actually only watched all the Harry Potter movies at the start of this year so I don't think I'd know as much as you but I definitely enjoyed the movies and I'm a big fan now. Best of luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kev its Ellen, I hope second year is going well for you. Great top three movies I'm a huge marvel fan and infinity war is deffo one of my fav, iv never cried in a cinema before that. I also really like doctor strange. You blog post is very interesting and really well written. Good luck with the rest of this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kevin, Forrest Gump has to be one of the best movies ever released. I love that movie. Same with The Wolf of Wall Street, you just can't beat Martin Scorcese. I think its cool that you have an interest in the Harry Potter books. Most people I know have seemed to fallen out of reading or never liked it at all which is a shame. Also, the deathly hallows tattoo must look sick, you should've added a pic of it in the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts